This is your chance as a viewer and a community member to nominate a Montana non-profit organization to be featured on Montana Matters each month on the noon news on KTVQ (CBS).
- Click on the picture below for more information & please feel free to share!
Avitus Group aims to help make our community a better place to live, work and play by highlighting the organizations that lead the giving efforts in Montana. All of them have volunteer needs now and throughout the year, and our goal is to help them get the word out and in turn, make our community a better place.
How can a Montana non-profit organization appear on the show?
- We're accepting nominations via this website page. Please fill out the form and Avitus Group will contact those selected to appear on the show. You may nominate your organization or one you feel is deserving.
- Criteria: The non-profit organization must serve Montana.
Impact of volunteerism in Montana
- According to the “Volunteering and Civic Life in America” report from the Corporation for National and Community Service:
- 30% of Montana residents volunteer…ranking our state 16th in the nation for volunteerism.
- There are nearly 237,000 volunteers in our state who contribute a total of 32.5 million hours of service.
- This equates to nearly 608 million dollars of service contributed.
- 71% of residents engage in "informal volunteering" (for example, doing favors for neighbors)
Thank you for supporting our community!